I haven't had the Gain wrap on my boat since December of 2007. As soon as I changed sponsors, the Gain logos were removed from my boat. There are however many people running wraps for no pay at all. I went to a company with a proposal for running a wrapped boat for them; I was asking for the company to pay my entry fees and travel expenses for a particular trail. They offered to pay to wrap my boat and that was what they were willing to do. I didn't take it because it paid me nothing. Another angler took the deal, running a wrapped boat just to run a wrapped boat. I've even heard of people paying to have their boats wrapped just to be able to run a wrap and feel like they're part of something. If you hear someone talking about their sponsors paying for everything and them getting everything for free, you should take it with a grain of salt. First of all it's not that common, and secondly it's in violation of their contract to be talking about what their sponsors are doing for them. I try and give as much information as I can about my sponsors and fishing on a whole. I myself am under contract not to talk about what I receive from my sponsors, but you can be assured that what I am able to tell you is the truth. I write these posts so people who are interested in possibly doing this as more than a hobby have an idea of how everything works.

Edited by Jess Caraballo (03/03/09 08:51 PM)

"Momma told me when I was young.... Be a simple kind of man, oh be something you love and understand" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some...." - Jason Mraz

"Give me one moment in time, when I'm more than I thought I could be. When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away and the answers are all up to me" - Whitney Houston

"Im'a be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtably.
And all those who look down on me, I'm tearing down your balcony.
No if, ands, or buts, don't try to ask him why or how can he..." - Eminem
www.go-fish.biz
visit my homepage