FLW Tour #6
Lake Champlain-Plattsburgh, NY
Water Temp: 69
Spawn/Post Spawn

It was really nice to have a short drive; it took about 4 hours to get to Plattsburgh. I arrived at about 5 in the evening and got most of my tackle ready for practice. I had to change all my Potomac River stuff for light spinning tackle. There are people fishing for largies here, but Dan is only fishing for smallies. The first day of practice was kind of a feeling out process. I only caught 3 keepers and Dan caught only a few more. We were fishing pretty shallow, not fishing deeper than 12'. The fish didn't bite for us, and the wind only made matters worse, gusting over 30mph. The second day was quite a bit better. We started to get clued in by the end of the day. I was able to catch a limit that weighed about 16lbs. Dan caught a few good ones, but not the ones he needs to win. We fished allot deeper, down to about 25'. Today was the third day of practice. It went allot better. We finally figured out the depth the fish were in and went to whacking them. If you threw a tube or dropshot you got bit. I was putting a hurting on Dan on a Stalker Baits Erie green finesse tube. This went on until Dan asked me for one, at which point he went to crushing them. By the end of the day I had close to 19lbs and Dan had about 18. It will be interesting to see what we find tomorrow. A cold front went through this evening and dropped the temperature 20 degrees in 10 minutes. Hopefully the tournament will go as well as the 2nd and 3rd day of practice for me.

"Momma told me when I was young.... Be a simple kind of man, oh be something you love and understand" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some...." - Jason Mraz

"Give me one moment in time, when I'm more than I thought I could be. When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away and the answers are all up to me" - Whitney Houston

"Im'a be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtably.
And all those who look down on me, I'm tearing down your balcony.
No if, ands, or buts, don't try to ask him why or how can he..." - Eminem
www.go-fish.biz
visit my homepage