HOW DID YOU SPEND YOURS?

Getting ready for work. I am at the boat at 7:00 am each day.

My boat is under contract and I have to work every day untill Aug. 15th. I even worked Good Friday and Easter. Right now the job is so intense, with all the birds hatching and all the young on the islands, I can not talk to the experts working on my boat. They have to count and document a lot of stuff and can not be interupted.

I can only watch birds for a short while then I have to test some plastic baits. The problem is I have to be in a specific spot so I can not chase the schools. With all those pelicans in the area no fish in it's right mind would be in the area.

One of the spots today was good to me. I caught a large sail cat and 4 hard head cats as well as 3 throw back specks and 6 keeper specks. The smallest keeper was 13 1/2 inches

After cleaning them I went to work inside my ??? I still call it a shed, building, shop, garage, boat shed, etc. I have 33 places for the offshore and nearshore rod and reel setups.

8 x 20 foot area of pegboard for hanging tackle. Still have nothing set up for the inshore outfits and related equipment.

Just another day at the office!

Lots of fireworks here now. If I fall asleep I will be woken at midnight by the whole neighborhood blasting them off. They are legal down here.

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459