ok. I know I'm a little late since this post was put up a couple of years ago, but hey, there's a blizzard outside and I am bored so here goes....

When an association or individual land owner applies for this permit for a swim area, how does the office in Lyme, determine how BIG the area is and who checks and enforces that the home owner correctly put up boueys?

The home owner is basically given the right to call a part of the water "their own" and I think that's b.s as I can't claim a mid lake hump as my own and out up markers.

now lets look at the regulation: you say the paint and taped numbers on the boueys can wear off so even if I don't see numbers, I can still get a ticket? how BS is that? if my registration numbers wore off on my boat, EP would give me a ticket but why not the home owners for NOT properly displaying permit numbers.

if we question the legality of the boueys and a home owner comes out and confronts us, do we have the right to ask to see "the written permit signed by the commissioner".

Does the EP ever patrol the shores and check for compliance when they see the swim boueys up. I am sure more than one home owner has placed there own boueys without permits and who checks on that. You say that we have the right to call up and ask DEP if there is truly a permit, but shouldn't the offices on the water be looking for this just like looking at my wore off registration number on my boat?

This is truly just an informational asking on my part and I appreciate EVERY thing the DEP does, it just seems a little one sided to me in favor of the home owner

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!!!!!!