Originally Posted By: Joe Grenus
I have to agree with everyone. Best post ever.Going 60 miles with your wife,son,2 dogs,all your gear,yourself and a Caribou in a friggin raft takes some brass ones. Just awesome!!How much planning did this trip take? How did you keep the freezer running? Thanks for the story Todd.

Thanks, trip planning took a year with the last 4-6 months pretty much a few hours per day. I had to have the transporter for the float reserved in the winter because we were flying during a heavy flight period (beginning of sheep season), but once that was locked in that made the rest of the schedule more clear.

Freezer is easy, we dropped it when we were on the Kenai and just worked on filling it wink2 and when we went on the float, we dropped it in Fairbanks for 2 weeks. People in AK expect to help on stuff like that since meat and fish are so important up there. I'm confident that you could just drive down the road and randomly knock on doors and if not the first person, but the second would offer either freezer space or space to plug a freezer in. On the drive back, I had a couple hundred pounds of meat and fish in it, so it had a large thermal mass keeping it chilled. I ran it on the generator a few hours per day. When it was hot in the lower 48 I plugged it in overnight to make sure it was really cold.

`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`
Tod Osier on Instagram