I invited John S to join me for a shot at the tail end of the fall striper bite.
I'm glad he accepted.
We launched shortly after dawn and began working the areas that have been producing fish over the last few weeks.
Schools of bunker were everywhere, and the ospreys were on the hunt. Rather than live lining bait, we stuck to artificial bunker imitations instead.
Unfortunately, the cold rain on Thursday has colored and cooled the water and definitely has shut down the bass bite significantly.

We had to really grind out there to get bit but we did, and managed 3 nice keepers to 25 lbs on the trip. Everybody we knew, or talked to on the water, found it to be a slow morning so we felt fortunate to have the action that we did.
The weather was almost too nice- but it sure felt good to be fishing on such a beautiful fall day.

I always enjoy John's company and he definitely is another one of the CTF good guys. Thanks for coming along John! This is proof you can catch fish other than crappie and breeder rainbow trout! smile1

The 25 lber had 2 bunker in her gut when I cleaned her and she still crushed my plug. Bunker are like potato chips to striped bass...

Edited by Tall 1 (10/26/14 12:07 PM)