Got back the other day from a trip to Guatemala with a great group of friends. This was my 2nd time fishing down there and the action is just outstanding. Everyone caught fish!

Let's get right to the pics ...

Mrs. P., Silvia, fighting her first fish like a pro.

CTF hat model Jhoana hooked up.

Trip organizer Joel and the Mrs.

Juan with his first fish ever! The bar is now set high for him.

My buddy Joel is originally from Guatemala and was an excellent guide for our entire trip!

I was pumped that everyone was catching and we had a great boat and crew.

The fish were all healthy and beautiful!

Alexandra engaged in an epic 20-minute fight with a blue marlin. She fought this fish like a champ and used all her energy in the battle. Just before we could land it, it came off. My digital camera died with all the water splashing up as we backed down on this fish. It was an exciting fight for all of us to watch. Alexandra is a real pro!

This was a fantastic trip and we're already talking about our next one. If you've never fished Guatemala, definitely check it out. There are a few resorts down there. We didn't stay at one of them, but a charter captain from North Carolina I met on the plane home said he's done quite a few trips down there and spoke highly of the lodge he's been staying at and the overall quality of the Guatemala fishery.

The boat Knot Work (a 35-foot Luhrs Flybridge) and crew we fished with were top-notch and I'd definitely recommend them.