On Monday, 21.March I headed out for a couple of hours in the afternoon, and took casting practice at Bart's, and down at the Bissell--no fish today. And I didn't see anybody else fishing, no one on shore, no trailers in the parking lots.

I spent a little over an hour at Bart's above the RR bridge. In spite of the recent weather event rolleyes there wasn't much evidence of the "Nor'easter". Except for the chill breeze blowing down the river, it was actually kind of pleasant. The water was neither higher nor lower than my last outing, it was clear, and the current was about the lack-luster same, with the exception that the breeze was making the surface look like the river was moving faster than it was, in fact. Surface temp was about 45º F, I'm sure it was colder at depth.

I headed over to the Bissell off E. Barber St for a little over 30 minutes, and it was about all I could take there. The wind was blowing down the ramp to the river, and it was cold. It also caused my leader/willow to foul on the weight and main line too often. Water was moving slowly, fairly clear (a little silty), and about 6" over the 2nd cleat. Except for the wind, fish-able.

Terminal tackle:
Farm'y: 3/8 oz drail over 2-1/2' of 8# flouro, silver willow w/orange & a black dot, and silver w/yellow/red & black dot.
CT R: 3/4 oz drail over the same leader, and silver willow w yellow/red & black dot.

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"