I've been out twice since my last post, and had nothing to report except rumors of shad. And then there was today.

I fished up above the RR bridge behind Bart's from about 11:am to 1:15pm. The water was only up a little from my last post, it was clear, and moving pretty good. The day was warm, and the breeze wasn't bad, unlike in the parking lot where it was blustery. About 20 mins after my first cast, I C&R a dinky little buck, hardly over a pound. I had a decent hit a little while later but after a few cranks, and a couple of head shakes, it was gone. About noon time I had a solid hook up, making the drag sing a little, and stripping some line on 3 or 4 runs. He put up a decent fight with a lot of head shaking, and some acrobatics for good measure. He was also C&R, and ran almost 3 lbs. Life is good!

A couple of other regulars joined me before I had to skate on out of there. Gary got nada, and ? (I can't remember his name) also landed 2 decent bucks on his lunch break.

I went back for about 45 mins mid-afternoon, after my appointment but struck out. Radio got nothing, and Steve (regular) managed one before I got there.

Terminal tackle: 3/8 oz drail over a 2-1/2', 8# flouro leader, and a small hammered silver willow painted green/white with a black dot.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"