I went over to Bissell after work today, arrived a little before 4:30 pm. The wind was blowing up from Hartford, the water was choppy, muddy, and full of junk. Since there was nothing happening there, I left for Bart's after about a 1/2 hour or so. At least I dragged up a 3/4 oz drail attached to willow leaf before I left. :-/

At Bart's, the water was as low as I've seen it this year but it was clear, and the current was flowing enough to pique my interest. And there was very little breeze. I headed upstream of the RR bridge, and put my arm in a cast. About a dozen casts in, I had a light hit, and thought I had an alewife. It turned out to be a little bronzeback bass, almost a foot long. He didn't put up much fight until the water started to get shallow, then he put a 90º bend in the Aberdeen shaft of the willow leaf sticking out of the corner of his mouth. It was enough to keep the skunk off me before I left about 6:15 pm. My neophyte buddy can't come shad fishing with me anymore, he's making me look bad. :p He hooked three at Bart's, lost two but landed a good one. Nobody else in the thin group caught anything, the action was slow today.

Terminal tackle: 5/8 oz drail (should have switched to 3/8 oz at Bart's), over 3' flouro leader, and a hammered silver w/orange and a black dot.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"