I didn't think I would get out today but Sgt. SWMBO was a little under the weather, and cancelled plans for the day. In spite of the damp, raw day I headed over to Bissell to put my arm in a cast for a couple of hours, arriving at 1:30 pm. There weren't many folx out, a few on the bank casting, and a few more jawing in the parking lot. Somebody had a couple meat poles, dead-sticking in the corner but I saw no action on them while I was down there.

The water was down a little more, even from yesterday, turbid, slow flowing but there wasn't much debris floating around. The wind was squirrel-y, mostly out of the South but flipping around from the West, and North at intervals. Action was slow, all around. One of the regulars managed 3 shad (and lost another) by the time I left a little after 4:pm, and I had C & R one middlin' buck, and a half dozen alewives.

Eventually the wind settled in from the South, and steadied, cold, and very raw. It didn't really rain, as much as drizzle on and off until after 3:30 when it became more pervasive, more steady. By then, I was feeling the cold creep into my layers. And in spite of the weather, I still enjoyed being out on the river. Life is good.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"