I met a couple of friends at Bissel after work, and fished from about 4:30 -7:15 pm. There were about 20 folx, mostly regulars, plying the water tonight. The water was down almost 2' from Monday, and clear. There was virtually no breeze until just before 5:pm when it turned around to come up from Hartford out of the South. It freshened, and cooled us off a little but not bad enough to get cold, stir up and muddy the water or set up a chop.

Alewives were pretty much the order of the day, outnumbering the shad by more than 2-1. And initially they kept the skunk off, and provided most of the entertainment between shad. It was the most alewives I've seen caught at a time, as yet, this year. Shad were caught but remained scattered through the day, most were smaller bucks but one nice fat roe was landed, too. I fought one small buck but lost it as it spit the hook before I could get more than a quick look at its tail but by 6:pm I had netted another.

Terminal tackle: 1/2 oz drail over 3 1/2' flouro leader, hammered silver w/red & white, black dot, and hammered silver w/orange/yellow/white, black dot. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"