I stopped by Bissell this afternoon from about 3-5:15 pm. It was COLD, a blustery wind out of the West, and overcast. Fortunately the water was clear, flowing, and relatively debris free but it was VERY low. There were about 8 regulars already plying their trade but no shad on the bank but they did admit to a few scattered shad having been caught throughout the afternoon.

About 15 minutes after I arrived, one of the regulars C & R a nice buck, which gave him a decent fight for it's smallish size. Right after he released it, I had a solid hit, and at first I thought I had snagged bottom. And then it started to pull, and go deep. It kept it's head down, and as soon as I turned him, he put his head down again, and took more line. He made me earn him but eventually I got him in for a picture, and release. My vitamin shad for the day, as I didn't have another hit. One of the other regulars C & R a buck about the time I was taking the picture. They were all middlin' bucks, thick, and bout 3#+. About a half hour or so later, a really nice roe (~4#) was landed but except for a couple of alewives, dinky tiny, little striper (I've caught bigger alewives), and a fat white perch, that was it for the day.

Terminal tackle: 1/2 oz drail, over 3' flouro leader, and hammered silver willow in white/yellow/orange w/black dot.

Tight lines!

Edited by No Fish Today (05/15/16 08:48 PM)

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"