Monday, 16th.May:
I stopped by Bissell for a couple of hours from about 3:30-5:30. The water was way down on the ramp, the lowest I've seen it this year. The usual suspects were working the water, and there was a shad on the bank. The action was slow and scattered, alewives outnumbered the shad by a slim margin, I only saw 6 or 7 shad caught. All I caught were alewives to keep the skunk off. Meh. :-/

Terminal tackle: 1/2 oz drail over 2' flouro leader, and hammered silver willow in a variety of flourescent colors. The smaller #1 leaves seemed to get more hits than #2 or #3 leaves.

After work today I stopped at Bissell from 4:30-7:15 pm. The water was back up, almost to the last cleat, clear and flowing well. The regulars had a couple shad on the bank, and 2 of them hooked up at the same time shortly after I arrived. Once again, the shad were scattered, as were the alewives. By the time I left, 8 or 9 shad had been caught, and maybe a dozen alewives. Once again, all I caught was alewives.

Terminal tackle: 3/4 oz drail over 4' of flour leader, and hammered silver, gold or copper willows in bright colors. Yeah, I emptied my tackle box...

Ah well, maybe tomorrow. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"