Late updates:

I was able to sneak out to Bart's for about 1-1/2 hours Saturday, mid-afternoon. Nothing happening, not one report of shad from any of the regular suspects. Surface water temp was about 55º, high and clear but it wasn't moving much. Terminal Tackle: 3/8 oz drail (no problem finding the bottom in spite of the high water-there just wasn't much current), over an 18" flouro leader, hammered gold painted red/white w/black dot.

Yesterday after work, I fished about 2-1/2 hours. The water was down about 2' from Saturday, clear and moving a little. Surface temp ~59º F. The wind was ripping down the river towards Bart's, but it was manageable. Initially I was alone above the RR bridge but was joined by a guy with a meat pole, and a shad tail chunk. After he left a few of the usual suspects joined me on the rocks. About 6:30, one of them hooked up, and landed a nice roe. Not too big but a nice fattie. The rest of us got skunked. C'est la guerre.

Terminal tackle: 5/8 oz drail over a 2' flouro leader, and hammered gold red/white, and orange chartreuse w/black dot, and a hammered silver green/chartreuse w/black dot. All for naught.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"