I stopped by the pile of rocks behind the RR bridge behind Bart's from about 4:30-6:45 pm. The water was clear, flowing well, and down about foot from the other day. Surface water temp was 60º F. Hot and sunny on the bank but it sure felt good! When I first set up, there was only one other fella there, and he had nothing to show or report. However, it wasn't long before we were joined by 5 other people.

About a half hour after I put my arm in a cast, I had a solid hook set. After a nice little scrap, I released a 2# buck after his Kodak moment. And then everybody started catching shad, and a couple of alewives. It wasn't all at once but one or two shad, intermittently through about 6:pm or a little later. I wound up C & R one other buck, and all the other fish were also, C & R. laugh All in all, it was a nice productive afternoon on the water.

I stopped by Bissell in Wilson to see what was happening. There were a half dozen taking casting practice, and another 7 or 8 jawing in the parking lot. They reported catching a few shad over the last couple of days. The water is still a bit high on the ramp there, but the water looks clear, and there was a stiff current. Still there isn't much room to work the bank with the high water.

Terminal tackle: 1/2 oz drail over 2-1/2' flouro leader, and a chartreuse hammered silver willow w/pink dot.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"