I stopped by the Farm'y above the RR bridge from 4:30-6:30 pm. The wind was whipping down the river but at least the water was clear, and flowing. It was also up almost 2' from yesterday, they must have opened the dam. Surface temp was down a little, a hair shy of 60º F. Nobody was fishing the launch, and there were only a few above the bridge, probably due to the cold wind. By all reports, fishing was slow and scattered, it seems to be the theme for this week.

I landed a small buck about 5:45 after a little tussle in the current. Unfortunately it had inhaled the willow, and raked its gills. As it was bleeding out PDQ, I gave it to somebody who was going to smoke it (hope I get a sample). By 6:30 I was too cold in a light sweatshirt, so I hit the road. I saw only 4 other shad landed, and a couple or three alewives. This. Week. Has. Been. Slow.

Terminal tackle: 1/2 oz drail over 2-1/2' flouro leader, and a yellow/red hammered silver w/black dot, switched to a green/white hammered silver w/black dot and scored my vitamin shad.

I don't "do" the Derby, but for those who do, good luck and tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"