Hey Now, Sweetchuck! I did ok down there earlier today, my report follows. Good luck tonight, and tight lines! Please post a follow up trip report.

I fished in the usual spot near Bart's on the Farm'y from about 4:30-6:45 pm. When I arrived there were only 2 other folx fishing the bank. By the time I left, there were 7 of us, and a few others had come and gone. The water was down about 18" from yesterday, clear, and flowing well. Surface temp was down to 52º F.

I saw a little cotton drifting on the water, and in the breeze, requiring an eye on the line, and guides to keep the stray clump from getting into the spool. It looks like it's coming in a little early this year. After the rain, and the air temp spikes up this weekend, the cotton should just pop, and clog up the works by next week. frown

I saw 4 shad C&R before the 6:oo run kicked in but didn't get my 1st until just before 6. It was a nice 3# buck, he put on a little show with a few strong runs, and a couple of acrobatics for good measure. About 6:30 I C&R a middlin' 2# buck after a brief but spirited tussle. The action cooled off after 6:30, and the skeeters were a real PIA by then, so I beat feet to clear out of there.

Terminal tackle: 1/2 oz drail over 2' to 2-1/2' 8# flouro leader, my trusty red reflective taped/orange painted hammered silver w/black dot was my productive leaf (again--surprise, surprise). I threw a couple of other colors in silver, gold, and copper, but for naught.

Tomorrow should be another good day, and probably Saturday morning for a few hours into the rain. We'll see how much we get, and play it by ear next week. Good luck, and tight lines!

Edited by No Fish Today (05/11/17 09:20 PM)

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"