After work I headed over to Bart's to work the rock pile above the RR bridge. I arrived about 4:30 pm to find only 2 folx fishing the bank but one of them had a stringer with a couple of shad on it. The water was up a couple of feet from last week, clear, moving well, and with a surface temp ~53º F. The wind was gusting out of the west, coming straight down the river, at least it wasn't a continuous blow...

By 6 pm 2 more folx had joined us, and I had a couple of hits. They only stayed on long enough for a few head-shakes, and a couple of cranks before they parted ways. Stringer man added a couple of more shad to his creel in the same period, but after 6, it got busy. By 6:15, I had landed 2 thick bucks, back-to-back, and the fellas on either side of me landed a shad each as I released my #2. Stringer man also landed another shad; he should play the lottery...

By the time I left a little after 7:30 pm, I had landed 2 more bucks, the last one another nice fat one just as an ENCON Officer came around to check licenses. I had a pleasant chat with Officer Heath (if I recall his name correctly). I'm glad to see the ENCON Officers come around, and appreciate their work, a tip of my CTF hat to them.

Terminal tackle: 5/8 oz drail over a 3' leader (that had winnowed down to about 18" by the time I left), and a couple of different willow leaves, but the winning willow caught all the action tonight, and it was orange/yellow on hammered silver w/black dot.

This week should be prime time for shad, see you on the bank, and tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"