Before I write my written response I did some research into what Rhode Island does. Heaven forbid if we implement this we don't follow an existing model.

BTW theirs is $5.50. Their regs are below which answers some questions. So it’s clear you would have to have a trout stamp to fish the catch and release part of the Farmington, etc. It’s only if you plan on keeping any in other waters. It' still going to be really hard to enforce. I can't see CT going back to having to display something - but otherwise how do you know. Look at our pheasant tags - now that they don't give you tags that's really a pheasant stamp. You wouldn't need one for Colebrook or Congamond under these rules.

RI Trout Conservation Stamp
1. A Trout Conservation Stamp is required of any person wishing to keep or possess a trout, salmon, or charr caught in Rhode Island waters or to fish in a “catch & release” or in a “fly fishing only” area.
2. A Trout Conservation Stamp can be obtained from any city or town clerk’s office or from authorized agents such as bait and tackle shops and some retail department stores.
3. The Trout Conservation Stamp must be worn so that it is visible and must be shown upon request.
4. The Trout Conservation Stamp expires on the last day of February annually.
5. A Trout Conservation Stamp is NOT required of the following:
1. Minors younger than fifteen (15) years of age.
2. Any resident over 65 years of age.
3. Any person with a 100% disability.
4. Landowners or members of their families when fishing from property on which they are actually domiciled.
5. Any person possessing trout taken from a lake or pond which shares a border with a neighboring state.
6. Any person possessing privately-owned trout caught in privately-owned ponds.