Well Team Slapshot/MeanGreen was at it again. DaveyDave came through as always with a solid supply of primo baits.
So with a full bait well, we set out for some fishy looking water which didn't take long. We worked fairly shallow water with artificial baits when DaveyDave got hit. After a quick fight, the net went in the water but the fish came unbuttoned before being netted. At that point we deployed our pike candy and continued casting lures. As fishy as the water looked, we got no love on the live baits. Dave got thumped again but reeled up a clean cut 80 pound leader. That was the end of our action. No bass, no pike, no nothing!!
As always, the picnic was full of great food & great company. Thanks to the lack of fish, I received a Third Place mug via raffle. Yes, I got a "participation prize"!
Thanks Paul Dona & everyone else that keeps this event going! I believe this was my 8th year & I plan on participating as long as Piketoberfest lives. Hopefully we'll be back on CTRiver next year!!!!
Tight lines!!

Team DILLIGAF
Team TUESDAY