great rant!

none of us are getting younger, brother.

Good music is good music. Sounds like its time to dig into the genre a bit for you. There are always some bands you havent heard of, always some new music in that style you like, you have to look around. You tube, google searches. is the hey day ovcer? yes? but new music always comes out, you have to be on the lookout and search for it.

Music, the industry, the scene, the players, the styles, arent what they were when you were my age, or when either of us were 18. it will never be like that again. Live music is all but gone, but can be found. southern rock isnt gone, its just not in the front seat.

dont self antiquate. i have too many older colleges who do. they refuse to listen to the new, to search out what they like, and learn something about themselves musically, and dwell on what happened in thier youth, or the hey day of music that i totally missed out on...

that is their choice! great music still exists- GO OUT AND FIND IT!

i hear youve retired, bought a great new house in an area filled with fishing opportunities. you gonna sit on your rear end and not throw a few in that great looking pond up the street, just cause it isnt the 100 fish day you had in the Adirondacks a decade ago? HELL NO!!! and if any of us found out you did that, we'd find you and snap you out of it. do the same with the tunes!!!!