This language was taken directly from the official Regulations of Conn. State Agencies (posted online bythe State of CT) in sec. 26-112-46(c)(16):

The Aspetuck River Trout Management Area shall consist of (A) that portion of the Aspetuck River in Easton, Redding and Newtown upstream from the bridge at Valley Road in Easton and (B) those portions of the unnamed inflow and outflow streams to Lyons Swamp in Easton and Redding from North Park Avenue downstream to the confluence with the Aspetuck River. There shall be no closed season for trout and charr in the Aspetuck River Trout Management Area. The daily creel limit for trout and charr is zero and all trout and charr caught shall be immediately returned, without avoidable injury, to the waters from which taken. Possession of trout or charr in the waters or on the shores of the Aspetuck River Trout Management Area is prohibited.

The problem is -- the area defined in (A), above, has signs posted that state no fishing is allowed.

So what's deal -- can I fish there or not (it's important since this is right around the corner from where I live and I would REALLY like to fish there).