In spite of scattered showers, I went down behind Bart's after work and fished 4:30-7:30 PM. The water was up almost another 3' from yesterday, but it was clear; surface temp was 52°F. There were only a few regulars fishing or passing by tonight, probably due to the cool, damp weather. It was really good to see the water had come up so much; I didn't think we got that much rain.

Fishing remained slow again today. I caught a couple of alewives, and my vitamin shad. I only saw a couple of other alewives, and shad caught by the others, and we had a few bumps or short strikes. Still, it wasn't bad considering the weather for the last couple of days. It should pick up over the weekend and into next week with the forecast clear skies and warmer temps.

Terminal tackle: 3/4 oz. drail over a 3' flouro leader, and a hammered silver white/light blue w/black dot willow. Pink willows also produced for a couple of the regulars.

SWMBO has an extensive honey-do list for this weekend, but I'll try to sneak out for an hour or two, or three...

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"