Late report from Saturday, 28th.April, by Bart's:

I went out from about 4-7:30 PM after knocking out a big part of the Honey-do list; SWMBO got wore out and gave me permission to go fish! :p

The water was up another 1' or so from my last trip, which surprised me--I thought it should have been dropping. It was clear, and the current was slow to start, but it picked up some after 6:30; they must have opened the dam. Surface temp was up a hair to about 54°F, and occasionally flotsam passed by and warranted keeping an eye up stream. When I arrived there was a crowd, and a couple of shad on the bank. With the high water and crowd, there wasn't enough space to slide into my usual spot. So I made do with a tiny piece of real estate away from the gaggle until a few folx left and made more room.

In a nutshell, a few more shad were landed, and an odd alewife. There were a couple of nice roes in the mix, and one was over 4#. I drew the short straw for the alewife. At least it kept the skunk off...

Terminal tackle: I stayed with the 3/4 oz. drail but shortened my leader to ~2-1/2' (it could have been shorter, I had to be mindful of my back cast...). Pink seemed to produce tonight, but I lost my last one on the first cast. Nothing else I threw produced, except the hammered silver in chartreuse w/red dot: the alewife. rolleyes

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"