I stopped by E. Barber St., the Bissell Bridge launch in Wilson after work for a couple of hours. The water was down below the last cleat on the ramp, finally it's fish-able. The breeze was fresh coming up out of Hartford, so the water was turbid-at least it wasn't too choppy. There wasn't much current, and the surface temp was 62°F.

Surprisingly, there were only a few other regulars taking casting practice. Less than 6 of us on the bank, and no shad. About a dozen casts into the afternoon, I set the hook on a shad. Not a big one, but it was far enough out to almost make it sporting. Unfortunately, the hook straightened out as I reached for the net, and I lost it at my feet. Other than the one shad, all I had to show for the effort was a couple of alewives. As nobody else caught a thing, I guess I did well enough today. :shrug:

Terminal tackle: 5/8 oz. drail, increase weight to 3/4 oz. due to the wind, over 3 1/2'-4' flouro leader. I threw the crayon box of willow colors at them tonight.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"