Originally Posted By: O-BASS
I would never tell a corporation that they can't make any more money.

Amazon has a right to build their facilities where it wants, the same way the locals have a right 2 question the actual cost benefits of a company like that moving in.

It came down to Greed though, where they didn't get the breaks that they wanted, and the locals wanted to hold them accountable for more than that, so I have read.

The rules are the rules, and the terms are allowed to be negotiated for businesses both big and small. It didn't work out for Amazon in New York, and Greed was the factor- Amazon is looking for major tax incentives, and they're not going to get that in Connecticut from what I can tell.

A fair deal for both parties always works best. We can use a company like that in Connecticut, someone who's willing to meet the state on even terms and clear expectations. Sounds like things got way out of hand in the negotiation and meeting processes recently.

Look at the nonsensical deal that Trump touted as being amazing bring in tons of jobs from that foreign company, which, As We now see and we all knew in advance, was never going to happen. Sure enough they made an announcement the other day suggesting the amount of jobs they were going to bring in wasn't nearly what they had said originally. I'm sure they still get the tax bonuses, the land incentives, and all the good stuff on their end, it's just the locals who are expecting those jobs, the state economy expecting the tax revenue, and all the surrounding businesses that would have benefited from The increased job market that suffer.

Deception and greed usually walk down the same path.

What nonsensical deal are you referring to?

Amazon was getting 3B in tax incentives - 3B. COuple that with the fact that they are paying 0 dollars in federal income taxes for the 2nd year in a row.

I don't think Amazon wanted to be anywhere except for the northeast/midatlantic and they used the entire process to get all of the other states to make offers that would have to be matched.