Good old days!! We all have similar stories. Cant wait.

Originally Posted By: FarmerJay
When I was young, my Dad used to combine opening day with an annual camping trip. I remember not being able to sleep for days in anticipation. I remember following my Grandfather's tractor as he plowed the gardens picking up garden worms vs night crawlers. Many times, the garden worms I had, out-fished people with the crawlers.

My parents divorced my Sr year of high school, so my Dad and I skipped the trip that year. Over the next year, I got it wet for the first time, and started chasing girls. Sadly, they quickly became a higher priority to me than fishing.

Now as an adult, I look back at my youth, with my Dad having passed now, and wished I took advantage of the time I had left with him while he was here. We can't change time though, and we're forced to live with the choices we have made!

I still enjoy getting out and fishing our old haunts, remembering our times together though. I don't have the tolerance for the crowds like I did when I was a kid, so I often wait until Saturday evening, or Sunday morning.

Those that have Dads still here, spend an afternoon fishing with them. Those that have children, take them fishing and let them take part in the excitement, because some day, when you're gone, they'll have those memories to warm their hearts when they miss you!

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."