The other substances are nicotine, and they're no worse than alcohol or over eating.

Are we banning these for legitimate concerns or because we don't like them? Any article that says "multiple studies" but does not link the studies or provide a source should not really be taken at face value.

We barely have a grasp on if vaping is harmful to the person actually using it, so how would we have any idea about second hand vaping? Chronic affects take years to study and must be done carefully to have any meaningful results. Vaping has not been around long enough for second hand affects to be remotely close to understood.

So again, are we banning them because we don't like them or because there are legitimate concerns? Our legislators are making laws about topics they do not understand.

Regardless, people should not be vaping near others. But that is not the vape's fault, its the person being an #*&!. I don't see how this law helps that. Cigarette butts on the ground? That's littering, already banned. But it still happens right? Well maybe because simply banning something is a broad, ineffective strategy.

Conspiracy theory time here:
I'm pretty confident that none of the politicians give a #*&! about the citizens. It's why Lamont campaigned on legalization and truck only tolls yet months later he is abandoning legalization and pushing tolls for everyone. My personal rep is pro business, jobs, and wants to eliminate CT's ridiculous debt. But they are against legalization; a bill that would a)create a new industry b)create more taxable income for the state c)attract people from out of state. Politicians do not care about us. They claim to have banned vaping/cigs in an effort to 'promote public health' but I'd bet my left nut that this is for the publicity. Everyone knows cigs are bad, and vaping is for teen riff raff. This is an easy law for them to pass, and makes them look good. This law will have zero real impact except take away yet another freedom.

How about we start solving actual issues instead of blindly banning #*&! that will have no effect?

Edited by enwez (05/31/19 01:19 PM)