I get the "uncool", bulky, hot, restrictive arguments against not wearing a pfd, but technology and mfcs have taken all of those excuses away.

At a minimum people can wear the waist belt model inflatable pfd. Removes all of the above excuses, and is really cool
Since it looks like a fanny pack. laugh

I acknowledge waist belt PFDs require you to be concious so you can pull the inflated pfd over your head.....so if you get knocked out or dazed they don't do a lot of good accept keep you floating for an easier "recovery" of your body.

I bought the waist belt inflatables for Heather and me for paddleboarding, kayaking, etc. I have 3 or so inflatable vest pfds on my boat along with a wide assortment of traditional ski vest and neoprene pfds.

One season I was good about wearing my inflatable pfd at least when I went out solo.....I really should at least get back into that good habit. Being "enclosed" in the surround of my walkaround's helm area doesn't give me the safety risk I feel of falling or getting thrown overboard like in more open boats like side consoles, center consoles, rear tillers, etc.

Be safe out there...there are fish we owe ourselves to be around to catch. wink2