Originally Posted By: O-BASS

1. Shut up about the river, all of you.

2. Its super low- any boat now would be very tough.

3. A 12 foot Jon boat can be used to float 1 way, canoe or yak. It's hard work up north, not bass boat water. You really have to want it, mostly foot based fishing and wet wading. Yiu can slip pool to pool but you're dragging over rocks normally after July 1st

Mike, sorry to jump on that post, and take it wrong.

What I saw by reading it was a first line that was very protective, followed by info that may or may not have been credible. It very easily could have been taken wrong by someone that knew nothing of the area. That would be me.

To me it looked like you were saying, stop blowing up my spot, stay away from my prize fishing hole, it's no good, you can't get a boat in there, and it's so low all you can do is wade fish it.

Now, because of your first response of "Shut up about the river, all of you" I had no idea if the information you posted after that was accurate, or if you were trying to give false information to deter people from fishing there.

I don't fresh water fish much, so it doesn't really bother me either way. However, by the way I read and took your response, I felt like it was protective vs an effort to be helpful. That made me feel for both Angler65 because he started the thread in good faith, asking for honest information, and also for Barn1 because Buck offered info, and he asked for some clarity.

In my opinion, we're supposed to be a family here, and although many of us choose to keep our spots private, we need to remember that we don't own them. We can't scold other's for an effort to help someone. Being quiet, hoping that too much info isn't spilled, or a simple PM is in the spirit of CTF, but saying something like "Shut up about the river" isn't, specially coming from a MOY.

It's all good Mike. I see now I misunderstood your response, but honestly, I can see how many people might have thought the same after reading that reply.

Edited by FarmerJay (06/27/19 06:08 PM)

It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles, that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence ...

Team "Just one more drift"

Team I'm not messin with JuJu ever again!!!!!!!

Re: Chum Bucket......There's too much gross #*&! in those picture threads; I can't look at them. Doing so scars my soul.