Originally Posted By: mongo
Any loss of life is sad, even a person as miserable as he was. I just hope that campground finds a more personable person to take over the reigns.

Noble words. However, Dock nazi was given multiple warnings, chances, and reprimands for his inexcusable actions. He made a choice, repeatedly to be rude, and go OUT OF HIS WAY to really ruin other peoples day illegally.

On the water, I had several experiences with him. One day he played his usual game, and the bite was totally dead. I had nothing to do. I proceeded to fish every inch of every dock. Just to hold him there for the entire morning. He made it about an hour if I recall, and damn near were his voice out repeating his chanted vessel number mantra. I can pitch a jig VERY well, and he squirmed every time I would drop that bait a dime away from his docks. The powerless DEP at the time told me he had been warned a bunch and to ignore him, they couldn't help.

1. Good riddance. You are the choices you make in life, and that guy chose to be a total jerk every chance he got. Let's hope his kids act appropriately or whomever takes over is cordial and civilized.

2. Shame on the DEP. They had every right to fine and even arrest him, and chose not to. Who knows why, but I've dealt with a few in the last 5 years, and if I am at the point where I have to call, a report is getting filed, an officer is going to earn his money, and a person harassing me is going to learn not to do it. I was much younger ( 17 to 19) then.

3. Every time we tolerate this kind of rudeness, WE lose. Hunting fishing and outdoor rights are perpetually under attack. Call, report, and stand up. First time every time.