Originally Posted By: Buck
If you study the Federal gun laws today you will see a lot of things we worry about are already law. Hand guns already go through an FFL and you take possession in your state of residency. If I buy a hand gun down here in Fl. I need to have the FFL ship to an FFL in Ct. And I have a Fl. CCP. To pick it up in Ct. I need a Ct. CCP. State laws are making private sales more restrictive. So some of the stuff Va. is trying to do has already been done but some it has not been done anywhere that I know of like closing the gun ranges. So it is time to challenge them.
I am encouraged by the actions of the Va. Sheriffs Depts. The entire concept of the Sheriffs Depts. were to protect the people from the Govt. and others. This has been lost on them over the years but it appears that the original concept has re-emerged in Va. with this gun issue.
The ultimate defense is to ignore the laws and tell the state to "stand down". We did that in Ct. after Sandy Hook and the draconian gun laws were imposed. When the January 1st cutoff to register or turn in the AR 15s that were owned by residents and still in the state passed by it appeared that only about 10,000 guns were registered with tens of thousands not registered but known to exist and where they existed was known. The Governor and the Hartford Journal called for the State Police to go and pick them up even if it required kicking in some doors. After a few days of jawboning the head of the State Police made a statement that the State Police had no interest or intent to go and pick up anyone's guns under any circumstance. End of discussion. But those gun owners are always at risk of a "one off" event that results in prosecution.
It is one law at a time until they get them all. That is the strategy along with brain washing our children. In a way, the state house in Va. did us a favor by rattling the cage of the Va. sportsmen and women who almost all are Constitutionalists and Patriots.

Sorry to dispute you Buck but in Ct any valid license permit holder is allowed to sell firearms including handguns. I recently sold a Smith and Wesson 357 Mag Model 66 to a guy with a valid CT permit. I am not an FFL holder. All that is necessary is to contact the CT Firearms and Safety fill out the proper forms and call to get a transfer number then mail the form in. It's not that bad. Not like the old days but going through an FFL in totally not needed.