Fished from 2:pm to 4:30 pm. Today, or at least this afternoon, the weather was not nearly as nice as yesterday. The wind was fresh, up from the south chopping the water pretty good. The current was stronger today, and combined with the wind, and 1.5 oz of lead topping the terminal tackle I had to give it time to settle to the bottom. It took a very slow retrieve to keep the dangley bits anywhere near the bottom. Once again, no idea of the water temp, as it's too far to reach the water, and I wasn't risking swimming today. It was cold in the breeze. There were a half dozen regulars there, and a couple more came and went, leaving plenty of room and large gaps between fishermen.

I commenced casting practice for about 30-45 minutes before I hooked up. After a nice fight, I landed a decent 2+# buck. Great color, lots of kicks, and after a Kodak™ moment I released it. It was slow, but between the regulars pretty much everyone caught at least one. Despite the cold breeze and chop, it was busy enough to keep everyone's interest piqued, and attention sharp.

Terminal Tackle: 1.5 oz drail, over 2.5' flouro leader (anything longer was getting fouled by that fresh breeze), and hammered silver leaves in red/black/white (the one that caught my vitamin), chartreuse, light/dark blue, green, and yellow/white w/eye.

I'll be taking it day by day for the next couple or three days watching the weather, and sneaking out between raindrops. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"