Yes, those are the rules for boat launches. The Park management would be in a position to enforce the rules if there were parking options available for the dog walkers and exercise walkers up in the fields but all spring the gate has closed off those parking areas and the Park Ranger may not even live at Squantz Pond State Park anymore. It is just mis-managed.
That said, I took a ride over there yesterday afternoon and the gate is now open and new directions specify that the boat launch area is for boat launching and the open gate leads to the fields for all other parking. There are signs and fences to direct each type of traffic. It is the best solution that I have seen in ten years of problems with weekend NYC traffic into the park which used to block the rural narrow road up to the old main entrance which caused the Town of New Fairfield to request a new main entrance which was poorly designed to be at the boat launch entrance. The new main entrance should have been designed up at the old main entrance by moving the entrance booth back a hundred yards into the Park and redirecting any incoming traffic to the right into the fields for Ct. registered vehicles and straight ahead to the booth to pay for non-Ct. registered vehicles. Then on weekends when the NYC crowd comes to Squantz they could man the booth for both days and collect fees and the rest of the time leave it open and un-manned and just waive the fee. That is how I would have designed it. We loose a certain part of the boat launch parking to these new fences which are right in the parking lot.