Thanks, MikeV. Still, no fish today, or yesterday for that matter...

6.May: 4:pm-8:15 pm, back of Bart's, near the RR bridge. The water was down only a little bit from Tuesday, surface temp was down to 57º F (60º F yesterday). The current was strong, and the water was only a little turbid. ~8 or so on the bank at a time, not too crowded. Shad were around. Closest to the bridge, a newer regular caught 4 shad. A little upstream where I was with a few folx, a couple of more shad were caught, along with a couple of alewife. I had a couple of bumps, and one short hit, which dropped the willow after a head shake. It was probably an alewife; c'est la vie, c'est la guerre, and no fish for me...

Terminal Tackle: same, same over a hammered silver leaf in yellow/orange w/black dot, chartreuse w/black dot, and white/yellow.

7.May, today: 2:pm-4:15 pm, same, same as yesterday. The water was down only a hair from yesterday, fairly clear with a good current, surface temp was up a whole degree at 58º. We had almost a crowd today, 8-10 spread along the bank, with folx coming and going. Shad made their appearance, much like yesterday. The guy in the corner, closest to the RR bridge caught several before he left. He was replaced by virgin, who busted his cherry on his first cast, a nice 4.5# roe! He's an addict now, even if he hasn't realized it--yet...

Another couple or 3 of shad were caught near me, but all I got was a couple of bumps, and an alewife. At least I got the skunk off. :-/

Terminal tackle: 5/8 oz drail, over 2.5'-3' 8# flouro leader, and willows in hammered silver w/chartreuse, yellow w/blue stripes, orange/yellow w/black dot, and hammered copper in hot pink.

So NOT looking forward to the next couple of days. YMMV, and invariably will...

If you go out, tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"