6:45-8:15 pm: Rocky Hill Ferry Park, fishing off the docks. The water was running clear, and fairly strong. I didn't get a surface temp tonight. There were 4 others spread out along the docks when I arrived. Two were targeting shad, two young guys were drowning something or other, probably looking for stripers. No one admitted to catching anything, and they all left by 7:15 pm. Another guy showed up shortly after their exit, he was also targeting shad.

About 7:30 I had a solid hook up close to the docks. After a really nice fight in the current, I landed a decent buck, ~3#. After the obligatory Kodak™ moment, it went back in the drink. They say it takes money to make money, well I feel the same about shad. And that was it, my vitamin shad. I saw nothing else caught, not so much as bump. Happy to keep the skunk off.

Tackle: Penn 4400 SS spinning reel, mated to a 6'0" Ugly Stik Med-Heavy action, Elite one-piece rod.

Terminal Tackle: 1.5 oz drail, over 4' of 8# flouro leader, and a silver/chartreuse and orange willow with a weird, offset hook. Weird was good for a solid hook up.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"