Don D, you called it! 2:45-7:30 pm, the docks at Ferry Park.

The weather was warm, with just a slight breeze, which came up a little stiff by 3:30, and slacked before 7:pm. The water was clear, up a little from Friday, and there was some noticeable flotsam in the current. And, surprise, surprise, surprise--it wasn't crowded, there was only one person on the dock. And he left shortly after I arrived. I had the dock to myself for the next couple of hours. And after that, only 6 other people showed up, and not all at once so there were never more than 4 on the dock. Today was a very good day, I caught and released a limit, and then some. And only lost two, one broke me off deep, and I lost another at the net.

About an hour after taking casting practice, I landed a short, but fat buck, and half an hour after that, and I landed another, smaller buck. Another half hour passed, and I landed a 3.5# roe; she kept her head down, stayed deep, and fought well in the current. 10 minutes later I landed another middlin' buck, and at 4:30 another. About 4:45 or so, I landed yet another buck. Just about 15 minutes later landed still another, but the slimy devil, slipped back into the drink before I could snap the picture. Things got quiet for the next hour, but just before 6:pm, I landed another nice, 3.5# roe. 20 minutes later produced another buck. Things settled down for almost an hour, but by 7:10 I took my last Kodak™ moment for the day. And in the midst of the shad run, I caught one, lone, thick Blueback bucky to round out the day.

It's been a couple of years since I've had a day this good. And, the others with me on the dock were also more or less successful. The kid and his dad from Thursday were among them, and the kid caught 5 in less than 2 hours. He's young, probably only 9 or 10, but his dad says he loves to fish, and it shows. As they packed up to leave, during his last cast, he was asking if they could go out again tomorrow. It's fun to see his excitement, and passion for it.

Terminal tackle: 1.5 oz drail, over 2.5'-3' 8# flouro leader, hammered silver in chartreuse & green w/red dot, chartreuse, orange orange w/black dot, and a hammered copper in chartreuse/green w/black dot.

At one point, 3 of us were on at the same time. They would hit almost any bright and shiny color today. Tight lines!

Edited by No Fish Today (05/17/20 10:21 PM)

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"