2 Fish, my condolences to your family and all the 9/11 families. I didn't know anyone personally who died there. But I did learn quite a bit about Chief Palmer and Fire Marshall Buco, both marathon runners with indescribable courage. I can still hear Chief Palmer (from the documentary) communicating with Ladder 15 and reporting conditions to command. Eerie hearing their voices then knowing what followed, even to this day. I never worked at the site but did attend several firefighter funerals in the months to follow. 343 firefighters and around 100 cops died there. Over 800 deaths have been attributed to post 9/11 cancers and illnesses among cops and firefighters.

Don started this thread as a remembrance of 9/11 and all those innocent lives lost. Unfortunately half the thread has turned into an argument over religion which should have gone immediately over to the Politics and Religion section where it belongs.

My heart is with all the families, most still suffering, and I salute the heroism of all those who made the supreme sacrifice that day in their valiant efforts to save whoever they could.