Squantz Pond on the other hand, may just be an overall good choice.

There is a DEFINATE AMOUNT OF ALEWIVES to sustain the Lake Trout & everything else that eats them, that is if the Lake Trout would/do eat them?
I know in MooseHead Lake up in Maine the Lake Trout or "Togue" & Landlocked Salmon primarily feed on smelt.

In my earlier post about the stocking truck breaking down in front of Winchester Lake on the way to Colebrook Res.,(not meaning that that was what actually happened, but years ago a stocking truck did in fact crap out on RTE 691 right in front of Black Pond in Meriden & they emptied the entire truck load of stocking trout into Black Pond.) perhaps it was going to Highland Lake with them which would make more sense. I think the Lake Trout would do very well in Highland Lake, or even West Hill Pond or the Twin Lakes too for that matter.

In any event, being able to target Lake Trout in CT. for however long it may last, is something to look forward to I think.

And as Buck stated, had they released a good majority of them into Lake Saltonstall... that would be phenomenal to say the least. Plus all of us who have been chasing the "Ghost Fish" in "The Trench" there would have more questions to try and solve. wink2

Now I have something to look forward to in 2021, that is if I'll be able to get out after them?

I should've been here yesterday?
I was...
And I didn't catch anything then either!!!

"Cheese has no business being on a turkey sandwich."~ Silas Robertson

"This here not keeping score crap; Ends today! " ~ Frank Barone

"I want to go back
And do it all over
But I can't go back I know" ~ Eddie Money