I may do something I've never done before, namely launch a boat on opening day. I have penciled in nearby Coventry Lake for breaking in the new Tohatsu 9.9 in late March to early April. Also have caught as many as four trout per trip drifting for panfish last June so I know how to catch them there. If the air temperature is not too cold for me opening day morning I expect an easy uncrowded launch and a pleasant few hours watching the circus as the lot jams full of trailers. I will be parked in a trailer slot near the launch. How? By leaving the house 3AM, will already be launched by 4AM, running under navigation lights quietly on trolling motor until the noise and boat launch mayhem starts. All that running in full darkness on the Thames last October will come in handy. Will spend pre-6AM time cruising slowly checking out old and dropping new Humminbird waypoints. There will be plenty of room for everyone, way more water out there than the lot has room for boat trailers.

Will observe and pick a quiet time to come back off. My Covid vaccinations will have had time to have built full immunity but will continue to observe full mask and social distancing protocols. I used to like to watch the yahoos opening day. They get plastered early, yell a lot, fall in a lot, show off a trout at the end of their line over the water until it falls off, or wind in a trout until the rod tip is down the trout's gullet.