Think of a 5 lb Smallmouth as a 40 lb striper., it's a lifetime fish for most people and although they do get bigger most people will never catch one much bigger than that, and there are only certain places that you can go that give you a legitimate shot at catching one year round and any given time. Lake Ontario, for those of you who have not had a chance to fish it, is one of those places and I would recommend to anybody. The St Lawrence River is very good but the star of the show is Lake Ontario. The amazing thing is there are other Fisheries that are even better than this. Several other spots on the Great Lakes aren't getting any pressure have no tournament activity and are just too far off the beaten path. Canada, michigan, Minnesota, New York State... these are unbelievable Fisheries and right around the corner is Idaho, Oregon and Washington, which are producing some ridiculous fish right now.

I've cut down on a lot of local fishing in order to focus on traveling to the destinations near us within about 5 or 6 hours at the most with Lake Ontario Oneida Cayuga Champlain and a few other spots in Vermont being on that list. Haven't made a lot of them this year but when I've gone it's been nothing short of amazing. These places are fish factories.

Wait til they hit 120 pounds for 4 days. It's ABSOLUTELY possible.