The day was a late start but we did not seem to be in a hurry. We ran out to the same spot as we hit them yesterday only to find the water 3 deg. cooler and absolutly nothing in the area. We ran 9 miles to another floating rig. I was marking fish but after almost 2 hours of fishing we had only a rainbow runner to show for our efforts.

It was around 11:00 and I was afraid we were going to have a bad day. Adam is feeding out the line and it takes off. He lamost pulled the bait from the fis. After a nice battle he lands a nice 35 pound yellowfin.

That was it for that rig so we moved on. Hit another rig with nothing and I decided to move closer to shore and to a rig that has gotten me out of trouble on other times. While trolling around it we kind of lost concentration on the lines and one of them goes off. Bobbie gets on the lins and hauls in a nice blackfin.

I decide to hang there a little bit longer and suddenly the seas light up with a football field full of busting tuna. I grab a popper and have a tuna attack the popper with a vengence. It misses it but keeps on chasing the popper until after the third attempt it has a mouth full of hooks.

The fish kept on comming up about every 10 minutes untill we left. Out total was 3 yellowfin, 9 blackfin, (one we cut up for bait) and 2 rainbow runners. We got all but 2 on poppers 15.3 miles from shore. The water is 1100-1200 feet deep there.

Life is Good! \:D

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459