Quote:
Originally posted by sun:
 Quote:
Originally posted by alanr:
Rumor of course, but I heard that a cow was found partially consumed by a mountain lion in Woodstock and that it was confirmed by the DEP. I see nothing in the news. Can the DEP comment on this?
Why doesn't somebody follow the CT Freedom of Information law and make a written request to the DEP, or drop a line to the Hartford Courant and ask them to follow up on any "rumor" of a cover up or non-disclosure.
If DEP complicity doesn't exist, then whatever slaughtered the cattle hasn't been officially confirmed and anything is possible, right? A FOI request should at least be able to determine if the case was investigated by the DEP...
 Quote:
Sun - am I correct in assuming that your implication is that I am lying to or misleading forum members or covering up something?
Dear Encon Police, No sir, you are not correct. Quite clearly, I was responding to alanr about hearsay involving the DEP as a department, not you as an individual. HE asked why a rumored incident that HE heard was confirmed by the DEP hadn't been, according to HIM, reported in the news. I simply and clearly stated that IF no [proof of] DEP complicity exists [through an FOI request], then anything is possible. By anything, I meant whether a mountain lion or any other loose exotic or wild animal instigated an attack [or not]. Lastly, I never stated, personally assumed or intended to insinuate that you had or would be privy to any official knowledge of the alleged cattle attack alanr was refering to and that's why I mentioned the FOI request all. The purpose of my post was simply informational, nothing more & nothing less. Peace.