You guys are gonna love this story. Four years ago A friend of mine had state land tags for Tunxis state forest in Hartland CT. He ask me to join him, since he's afraid of the big woods I accepted. There was fresh snow 3-4 inches the night before. Conditions are perfect. I've hunted the late season up there during Muzzle loader,Archery season with my bow. Never seen a deer. So the plan was to walk till we cut tracks in the snow. We weren't in the woods 10 minutes and we cut a track of a doe. I pulled out my Fawn bleat and hit it a couple times and this huge doe comes flying out of these thick pines in at 20 yards broadside and stops. He shoots twice and limbs are falling off trees 5 feet over its head. The deer runs off unhurt. After a brief wrestling match with lots of snow down my buddys shirt, I pulled the scope off his gun. So we continued walking in hopes we could track her down in the snow. She went down into this big vally. We decided to stay on top because the walk back up was gonna be a b----. Plus the wind was in our favor. We hiked for 2-3 hours with no sign at all of the doe. We sat down and started eating our lunches looking down into this vally. After lunch we decided to make a big loop heading back to the truck. I said I am going to give it one more try on the fawn bleat. After a couple of bleats we see this big Coyote in the vally heading up wind. He was behind us in the vally trotting towards us, all the while looking up the opposite hill directly across from us. Im blowing on that call as loud as I could and he wouldnt even look in our direction. I'm like "what the hell is wrong with him" There is a free meal up here but he didnt want anything to do with it. He just kept trotting looking in the other direction away from us. Then he stops 150+ yards away then takes off on a full blown run. We watch him as far as we could in the vally. Then my buddy says he sees a deer running down the opposite hill running paralel with the coyote and then it went into the vally with it. About 30 seconds go by and we here this coyote screaming its head off. Squiling, crying, real loud drawn out squils. Were like what in the hell is that deer doing. So now were hiking, sliding down into the vally going to investigate. We stalk our way up wind, and up the vally. Where we last saw the coyote theres a set of tracks from another anamal that came down the other mountain, and they were not deer tracks. We follow these big tracks that are bounding after the coyote. The gate or distance between the tracks on the run are seven feet plus easily. About twenty 25 yards later and into some thick-thick pine trees we find the coyoteys tail. I grab the gun and tell my buddy his shooting for the day is over. The coyote was running through the woods like a rabbit, real zig-zag like. We follow the tracks and blood trail maybe more 30 yards, and the woods opened right up into this little 10 yard circle area with no trees in it except one. We could not believe what we saw. Honest to god, there was blood every where. It looked like somebody sprayed red paint all over this place. The coyotes fur was every-where. Great big clumps of it. The amount of blood was astonishing. the ground was red,literly. I saw the tracks that killed the coyote. They werent Pushed or smudged like they were when it was running. These tracks were straight down in the bloody snow and there werent any claw imprints on the front side of the tracks. They were the size of my fist. We are standing there looking at this bloody seen not knowing whats gonna happen next. All of the sudden we here this noise come from above and I throw up the gun, and it hits the ground right in front of us. We just about s---! in our pants. I have the gun pointed right at it, point blank. What fell from the single tree in the little circle was the coyote. Its entrails were hanging from the branches 10 -15 feet above us. The coyote was turned inside out, no B-Sing. The tree was a great big apple tree with big branches and all those little scrappy 3-4 inch twigs on the main branches, thats what the entrails were hanging from. I looked for bite marks but it was to bloody. What ever killed that coyote had big power, The coyotes eyes were like pushed out of its sockets, like bugging out.We tracked the big bloody prints away from the seen, and it was just walking away. So we knew it was still around so we backed off, plus it was thick as hell in there. Ive hunted for more than 15 years with my bow and have scouted in the off season for deer looking for sheds, and hunting coyotes for all of those fifteen years. Ive seen 5 bobcats and have three on video. The biggest one walked through a brook and left his tracks in the mud.I know first hand what they look like. They arent a quarter of the size these were. We never saw the animal though. My two biggest questions are, If it were a mountain lion and it winded us or saw us why didn't it take the coyote with him. Next why didn't the mountain lion take the kill with it and try to bury it either at the seen or away fron the seen. Mountain lion Always bury their kills or at least cover them. The place where this happened was above the upper Resovoir on route twenty on state land. Oh one more question, Whats the likely hood, of a "Predator" running around up there. Sorry this is a long tail but just wondering if anyone else had any similar experiences. At 11:40 My mother just called to report a bear in her garbage in East Granby. Aren't they supposed to be hibernating? Goodnight!