Well, the time has come for all good things to end. I believe that this subject has been beaten to death, folded, spindled and mutilated and it is time for it to drift away into the archives of CTF. It's really amazing that it has gone this long. For those of you who took a lighthearted approach to the mountain lion issue, I thank you. Some of the posts were really cute and funny and I enjoyed the humor in it all. For those of you who understood what I was trying to say related to the status of mountain lions in CT, I thank you. For those of you who truly believe that you saw a mountain lion in CT, I'm not saying you didn't. All I ask is next time, please take a picture.

For those who just can't or won't understand what was said and who insist on posting false claims that the DEP and/or I, am covering up, lying, misleading or doing anything else to falsify information I say put up or shut up. I apologize to everyone else because I have said this before but apparently there are still some that don't understand.

I have attempted to maintain my sense of humor throughout this thread, even taking the time to poke fun at myself. However, I take great offense at your malicious, unsubstantiated allegations against my department, my fellow DEP employees and myself with your claims that we are misleading the public. Apparently you feel that I have no credibility. You are the experts - you know more than me - you know more than the biologists - you know more than the DEP. If you know so much you are more than welcome to take over my section of the site and you can answer all the legal questions, hunting questions, boating questions, fishing questions, park questions and forest questions. After all, according to you I am involved in a big coverup and organized denial of the truth, so I can't possibly know what I am doing. I'm sure you can do a better job than me. It's interesting to note that the people who like to post their claims about us covering up and denying everything have a real long posting history with the site. Some of you have a whole 2 or even as high as 7 posts to your credit. Everyone here knows me. I'm not afraid to publicly post who I am and what my position is. I have the facts and data to back up what I am saying - do you? Instead of hiding behind some keyboard commando "handle" post your real name with your claims against me and the DEP. That way I will know who I am responding to. I have been open and honest with all the information that I have available regarding this subject. The matter has been thoroughly and reasonably discussed. I have made my position well known and stand by my position.

This is my last post on this particular thread so do not look for any more responses from me here.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming..........