There recently was an article on MSNBC about the most expensive place to live in the USA. Guess what? Good ol CT was #1. On average, 36% of YOUR pay goes to pay taxes in 1 form or another. Sure, CT makes the most per person, but you just give it all away. It seems that every other week someone is calling for a rate hike for electricity, water, property tax. Where will it end? I for 1 have had enough. I will be moving to South Carolina by the middle of the Summer if all goes well.

Going in April to look for a house. You can buy a BRAND NEW, 2000 SQFT house on 1 acre of land for under $200,000. Try that in CT! Property taxes in the $800.00 -$1,200 range, depending on where you look. The grass may not be greener, but I may have a little more green in my pocket.

As for fishing, South Carolina is where they set the all time weight for a bass T. Nope, no fishing there.

The people are very friendly down there as well. Where can you go around here and drive down the rd and strangers will wave to you as you go by. Life goes a little slower down there.