Dusty as far as the dep I have no real quams with them. As far as living in CT I was raised here. I left for 4 years in the Army living in Missouri Louisiana, Germany and Greece. While living in these places I missed my home. I missed a short ride to the beach, fishing, getting a good pizza, grinder, and cultural diversity. The union I belong to published a chart in our newsletter that the median home in the Hartford area was 235k. To support this you would need to make 80k a year. Most high paying manufacturing jobs are leaving the state and going abroad because of the cost of doing busisness here ex; electricity and other utilities. Dusty if I was a younger man like yourself I would explore all options and base my decision on what would be best for my family. I live in southeast ct. I drive 40 mile 1 way to my job without much traffic at all. I have many lakes to fish in my area as well as walking distance to the Greenville dam on the Shetucket river. I enjoy 4 distinct seasons and my friends as well as my family. I have regular friends who we share over 40 years of friendship with as well as new fishing friends from my club and this site as well. I enjoy northern Maine as well Louisiana because of the french culture there. I don't know where I will end up. I just take it a day at a time. My youngest will be in college in 3 years. After that I will acess my life and make a decision. In the meantime I like SE CT. Good luck to you Dusty wherever you may end up.

If I fish more I need more lures. If I had more lures I would fish more. I don't think I'm addicted do you?