Simple answer-ROOTS!! Since the early 1600's and also I really like this state and the varied and complex outdoor opportunities we have here. With our topography and location we have so many things to do outdoors, no other state I've seen offers near the same. I feel very sad that the rapid growth and overpopulation takes a lot away, You deal with it. Buck said what I'm trying to say and that is diversity!! I believe he has done more traveling than I and I'm not claiming to be any type of high roller or traveler and the only places I've been has been as a low level diplomat of the U.S. Gov't working to achieve world peace through the use of armed force but managed to find fishing and hunting opportunity wherever I was sent. Conn. shouldn't be sold short on what's available to the average guy. Taxes, crime and politics are pretty much found everywhere. Our standard of living is very high in this state and we have a very rich outdoor history. I'm very proud of this state and the life it's provided me. \:\)