Anybody see the headline in the Day newspaper last Sunday? It takes 14.23 an hour to get buy in New London County, if you can live in a 1 bedroom apartment that is. I moved here from Key West because housing was a lot cheaper. Down there I could not afford an 1100 sq ft house ($600,000). Here I bought an 1800 sq ft home for $300,000. Now I'm moving to Montana where my 3000 sq ft home on 1 acre will cost me about $250,000. They do not have sales tax, and their energy cost about 1/3 less. Those facts alone will save me about 10K a year. But the most important reason I’m moving is that my mom & 3 brothers live there. I will surely miss the salt water fishing opportunities around here. I will miss the people I have met on this site too. I will not miss all the angry people that live here. I used to think the state was just full of jerks, but I have figured out that most of them are just mad and tired of getting ripped off by the government and energy companies. CT government needs to realize why all the middle class folks are leaving before they don’t have anyone left here to pay their outrageous taxes. For those of you that are happy here I hope you are able to stay that way. I’d like to wish everyone the best of luck in the upcoming season. I’d also like to say thanks to all those that took the time to share their tips and spots with me. I really enjoyed fishing in CT, but I won’t need a lot of my tackle in MT, so if you want a good deal on some used equipment go to J&B tackle in Niantic on the 7th for their tag sale.

Hook em, book em & let em go